Sunday, January 9, 2011

Meat Free Mondays

Although this past week has been super busy due to my winter break from college being over, I have thought of another great meatless dish for tomorrow.

Meatless Pasta and Homemade Garlic Cheese Bread

 There are many ways to make meatless pasta but my hubby likes Spaghetti best. I make a very simple sauce with equal parts tomato sauce and tomato paste, a bit of water to make desired consistency, fresh garlic, basil, thyme, and oregano. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes or longer. Can also be cooked in a crock pot all day for added warmth and delicious smell to your house. Pair with heart healthy whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
   Homemade Garlic Cheese Bread is easy as well. I use a no knead bread recipe that takes less than 2 hours total time to bake. I found the recipe at http://hillbillyhousewife.com/ After baking and cooling bread cut 1/2 slices and put on baking sheet (I prefer stoneware). Make a mixture of Butter, Grated Parmesan Cheese, and Minced Garlic( I use the garlic press). Spread mixture on one side of bread  slices sprinkle with dried parsley. Bake for 5-10 minutes on 400 degrees until golden and toasted. Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with dried parsley again. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbling.

I hope you join me again for meatless Monday, and please share your meatless meals with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment